Hi, thank you so much for stopping by today and hope you enjoy your visit!. Whilst you're here, it would be so nice if you could leave a little love and/or follow me, & in return, I'll do the same for you! D xxx

Thursday 21 January 2016

Julia Spiri Challenge - Anything Goes

Hiya Crafty Bloggers and Friends, I'm here with my DT make for Julia Spiri. Our new fortnightly challenge started this morning and the theme is 'Anything Goes'. For the DT's theme we had to make Pocket Letters... I hadn't heard of them before, so searched the web for some information and inspiration. I have used images Flower Girl and Dragonfly. For all Julia Spiri images, Challenge details etc,  please follow the links at the bottom of the page!! ... So without further ado, here is my first attempt at a pocket letter ...
My Project
Products Used
Julia Spiri Stamps - 'Garden Girl' and 'Dragonfly' Images
Crafter's Companion - Watercolour Card
Promarkers - Almond, Blush, Sandstone, Tan, Pale Pink, Blossom, Baby Pink, Antique Pink, Tea Green, Pastel Blue, Powder Blue,Meadow Green, Apple, Lime Zest and Pear Green
Sakura - Gelly Roll Metalic Pink and Gelly Roll Clear Star
Glitter - Gold Gel Pen
Pink Petticoat - Wild Blossoms Backing Papers (Freebie from Craft Mag)
Docrafts - Neon Tassels, Papermania 'Lovely' Ribbon, 'Bellissima' Bow and 'Heart' Embellishment
Brittania - Rose Leaf Die
Lea'bilities - Watering Can Die
Joycraft - Butterfly Die
Creata - Metalic Gold Card
Crafty Notion - 'Sunshine' Gilding Flakes
Indigo Blu - 'Chariot of Fire' Mega Flake
Wooden Embellishments, Resin Flowers, Gems, Pearls and Pink Ribbon are all from my stash!

Printed images on watercolour card, coloured and cut out. I cut to size (3.5 x 2.5) 9 backing papers placing these into the pocket sleeves. I gilded the wooden birdcage and sentiment words. Die cut the rose leaves, butterfly and watering can. Then placed these on the pocket letter and finishing with all other embelishments. Voila! My first 'Pocket Leter' ...

Close Ups

Thanks so much for joining me today!
Until the next time
'Happy Crafting'
Hugs Donna
xxx
 

Links

21 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Donna, the wee pockets are gorgeous and love the image.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, never attempted a pocket letter and wouldn't know where to start but hey purchased some of these images so may just enter.xx {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Pocket Letters! Great creation! Love details too.
    Hugs, Julia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card with a collage effect .Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge good luck Ginny ♥
    Aud Sentiments
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful project. I have never made the pocket letters, but want to try some time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous pocket letters Donna, I have never made one but it looks interesting. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week.
    Good luck.
    AnyOldCraft (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for entering our girly and sparkly challenge at allsorts Tracy X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Donna this is stunning I love all the pocket letters and the images you have used. I have never made one of these. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fabulous pocket letter Donna. The images and embellished pockets are all wonderful xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Donna, These pocket letters are just fabulous, love the pretty little images.

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely project. Very pretty. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  13. very beautiful !
    Thank you for joining us at Cute as a buttton!
    Good Luck and hope to see you again.
    Bad Kitty's Craftroom
    >^.^<

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable pocket letter! Thank you for joining us over at Cute As A Button Designs' love challenge. - Francesca, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a brilliant idea Donna. I love your pocket letter. The images and embellishments are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week for our 'flower power' challenge. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous makes since my last visit Donna! Sorry I can't comment on them individually as I'm all behind!
    Hugs for now!
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pocket Letters are new to me too Donna, what a sweet idea. Thanks for entering the Ribbon Girl 'any image' challenge with your lovely project - good luck!

    Anne x
    http://www.ribbongirl.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely creation. Fabby details. Thanks for joining us over at PFP this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  19. So stunning Donna.Gorgeous pretty images and i love all your detailing and beautiful colouring.
    Thanks for joining us this week at PFP :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete